REJUVENATING PUMPKIN ANTIOXIDANT FACIAL
It's officially pumpkin season, and time to rejuvenate! Sure, you're already hooked on pumpkin spice lattes and have found the perfect jack o'lantern, however are you aware of the benefits that this iconic squash can provide your skin?
Packed with zinc, antioxidants and vitamins, pumpkin protects your skin from wrinkles and age spots. Not only does it protect your skin, but the fruit also gently exfoliates for a more radiant complexion. Don't have a pumpkin patch nearby? You can get this orange fruit (yup, it's a fruit!) canned at your local supermarket.
To begin, make the foundation of your mask:
- Make your base: Whisk together about 1/4 cup of pumpkin and one whole egg. The yolk adds nourishment while the white provides a subtle tightening effect to sagging skin.
Then, customize for your skin's needs:
- Vitamin additive: Add 5-6 drops black seed oil. The oil of the Nigella sativa is packed with valuable components such as: vitamins A, B, and C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc and trace elements providing the necessary nutritive factors for skin recovery and repair.
- Dry skin additive: Add a few teaspoons of honey, which not only seals in moisture, but prevents breakouts thanks to its antibacterial properties.
- Oily skin additive: For an astringent effect, mix in a splash of apple cider or cranberry juice.
- Healthy glow additive: Raw cacao helps in increasing and protecting blood flow to the skin, keeping it healthy and glowing. Add a teaspoon of MitoXCell to the paste to improve your skin’s complexion and provide hydration, which is a must for a younger looking skin.
Finally, it's ready!
- Apply: Smooth the pumpkin-y potion over your face, relax for 15 to 20 minutes, and rinse gently to reveal a brighter, firmer, smoother complexion.
We hope this pumpkin-y face mask with the benefits of MitoXcell raw cacao leaves you feeling fresh, rejuvenated and ready to take on the season's demands!