RAW VEGAN SUPERFOOD CHOCOLATE with Mito-E
This recipe is packed with ingredients that possess amazing nutritional properties. In this chocolatey pairing, we combine spirulina, maca, reishi mushroom, goji berries and our raw cacao-based proprietary blend, MitoXcell.
Spirulina contains a powerhouse of protein, iron, calcium, and amino acids. If you’re looking to maintain strong bones, tone up your muscles and detox your body, Spirulina does just that. Maca offers a rich B12, manganese, calcium, iron, and potassium. This medley can help to balance hormones and sustain energy. Reishi mushrooms are perfect for stabilizing your immune system and enable the body to fight against free radicals (cancer-causing cells). The high amount of antioxidants and proteins found in goji berries has been touted for their medicinal qualities in treating disease. Lastly, cacao has a ton of iron, magnesium, antioxidants, and fiber. These nutrients and compounds promote increased cognition, resistance against the aging process, boosted energy, heightened metabolism and more.
For centuries, various wise civilizations have using many of these plants in prolonging wellness and strength. These ingredients are available in nutrient-dense, carefully processed powder forms which make it easy to mix with a sweetener of choice and cacao butter/coconut oil. The result: the best chocolate you have ever had!
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/4 cup MitoXcell (Mito-E) <— Get it here!
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon goji berry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut nectar or other sweetener
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until smooth, but still liquid. If it’s too thick, add more coconut nectar or melted cacao butter.
- Taste it and make sure you are in satisfied with the mixture. Otherwise, adjust it to your desires.
- Pour into chocolate molds or onto parchment paper and set in the fridge for an hour or two, until solid.
Adaptation from original recipe found at: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/