Munchy Day MitoXcell Brownies
Some days we have the munchies more than others. It could be because we worked out hard the day before or simply because it’s April 20th. Burn your competition with Munchy Day MitoXcell Brownies!
Whatever the cause for your chocolate cravings, these brownies will put a perma-grin on your face and power you through to your next task. Just don’t forget the milk!
FOR THE BROWNIES:
1 cup raw walnut pieces
1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
1.5 cups pitted Medjool dates (if your dates aren’t soft, soak in water for 15 minutes before hand)
1/2 cup MitoXcell Superfood Blend
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or fine grain sea salt
Heaping 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
Heaping 1/4 cup raw walnut pieces
FOR THE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup MitoXcell
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave nectar for a raw sweetener)
Small pinch pink Himalayan sea salt (or fine grain sea salt)
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE MUNCHY DAY MITOXCELL BROWNIES
1. For the brownie bottoms: Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, one piece going each way to make it easy to lift out the brownies later on.
2. In a food processor, process the walnuts into a fine crumb.
3. Add the hemp seeds and the pitted dates and process until finely chopped and sticky.
4. Add the MitoXcell, vanilla, and pink salt and process until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir or pulse in the nibs and chopped walnuts until just combined.
6. Evenly press the mixture into prepared square pan until smooth. You can roll it out with a pastry roller until smooth. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
7. For the chocolate topping: Melt the coconut oil over low heat in a medium pot. Remove from heat and whisk in the MitoXcell, syrup, salt, and vanilla until combined and smooth.
8. Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour on the chocolate topping. Spread out evenly. Carefully transfer the pan to the freezer on a flat, even surface. Chill for 20 + minutes or until the topping is firm enough to slice
9. Run hot water over a knife for a minute or so, wipe quickly with towel, and carefully slide the knife into the brownies to slice (warming up the knife helps it slice more evenly without much cracking).
10. Store leftovers (what leftovers?) in the freezer for a chocolate treat anytime.