Most of us love those peanut butter chocolate eggs that the Easter bunny brings this time of year. What if you could make you own stash all year long with 5 simple ingredients… and enjoy them without the all the unpronounceable artificial junk that are in the store-bought version? Happy Easter From MitoXcell!
3/4 cup organic peanut butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave or honey)
1/4 cup coconut flour (plus a bit more just in case)
Ingredients for the chocolate coating:
1/2 cup MitoXcell Superfood Blend
4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
3-4 Tablespoons Maple syrup (or agave or honey)
How to make MitoXcell Peanut Butter 'n Chocolate Eggs:
1. Mix the peanut butter, 3 Tablespoons syrup, and coconut flour together in a medium bowl until a paste forms. You may want to add a bit more flour if the mix is too oily... Just don't over do it because the flour will dry out the mix.
2. Roll this paste into small balls or egg shapes (about one teaspoon each +/- in size). Place them on a wax paper-lined tray.
3. Set aside.
4. In a glass bowl, melt coconut oil and add in MitoXcell Superfood Blend and the other 3 Tablespoons syrup. Mix with a fork or whisk until it's as smooth as Willy Wonka's chocolate river.
5. Using a slotted spoon, gently drop and roll the balls, one at a time, into the chocolate mix until coated and then place back onto tray. Repeat until all are covered.
6. For a double-dark chocolate coating place balls in freezer for 5 minutes and then repeat their bath in the chocolate river. Return balls to freezer for 15 minutes so that chocolate is firm.
7. Transfer to mini muffin cups or wrap in candy foil if you like (not mandatory for enjoyment)
8. Place in an airtight container and freeze until you are ready to serve. Eggs/balls can be defrosted for 10 minutes before serving or eaten right out of the freezer!