An impressive dessert that you can eat for breakfast or a midday snack: MitoXcell Mocha Mousse. Three words that will stop most chocolate lovers in their tracks and that conjure up the most decadent of dessert memories. Traditional mousse is created with dark chocolate, heavy cream, and mountains of sugar. With MitoXcell, this gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and grain-free recipe gives Mousse a fantastic makeover. It is easy-to-make and contains the nutrition you need to build up your endurance and recovery.
You will need a food processor! >>
- 1 ½ raw cashews (soaked in water for 30 minutes- 1 hour if you have time, but not necessary)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 4 Tablespoons MitoXcell Superfood Blend
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons decaf coffee or one shot of decaf espresso
- 1 small can (about 4 or 5 ounces) Full-fat coconut cream (available at whole foods)
- Optional Garnish/Topping Ideas: Fresh sliced strawberries, Toasted coconut flakes, Granola, whipped coconut cream Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
HOW TO MAKE MITOXCELL MOCHA MOUSSE
Scoop Mousse into small pudding cups or ramekins. Cover each cup with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-6 hours. Top with your garnish of choice. Enjoy! Mousse will keep in the fridge for up to one week. Makes about 6 servings.
Make sure to check out our Pinterest Page for more recipes. Click here