This is one of our favorite recipes to date - MitoXcell Ice Cream Freezer Bars. It took no time for the MitoXcell office to go through a whole pan of these delicious, No-Bake, Dairy Free, Amazing Ice Cream Freezer Bars. The best part is, you can enjoy these Freezer Bars anytime of the day:)
- For the Crust
- 3 cups Organic Corn Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
For the Top
- 1 can (14 ounces) Full-Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerated for 4 hours or over night (We used Trader Joe’s Brand)
- 4 Tablespoons MitoXcell Superfood Blend
- ½ teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 & 1/2 Tablespoons pure Maple Syrup
Materials: 8X8 baking dish, parchment paper, mixer or hand-held beaters, 1-gallon size Ziploc bag
- Place your mixer bowl into the freezer for 15 minutes to cool.
- Line 8X8 baking dish with two pieces of parchment paper that cross and leave plenty of over-hang on each piece for easy removal.
- Place Cornflakes in the Ziploc bag and crush with a glass or a rolling pin until you have course crumbs. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and add in the honey and the melted coconut oil. Mix until combined and dump into prepared baking dish.
- Using a spoon or a spatula, spread and press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly, taking care at the corners to press firmly and evenly.
- Place pan in the freezer while you making the topping.
- For the topping, remove the mixing bowl from the freezer, Scoop out the solid coconut milk into the mixer bowl, taking care not to include any liquid that may be in the can. (This liquid can be used for smoothies or other recipes).
- Using the whisk attachment, or a hand beater, whip the coconut for 2 minutes until it almost resembles whipped cream.
- Add in the MitoXcell and the Maple syrup and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides once or twice to ensure complete incorporation.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spread the topping on the crumb crust, smoothing evenly with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer to set for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the bars from the pan by carefully lifting the parchment paper out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into squares using a large knife, cleaning as needed between cuts.