MitoXcell Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup MitoXcell Superfood Blend
- 1 cup dried cranberries
HOW TO MAKE MITOXCELL GRANOLA BARS
- Optional step: Toast your oats and nuts in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Otherwise, leave them raw.
- Process walnuts in a food processor until a loose meal is reached. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add dates and process until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Add walnut meal and MitoXcell back in with the dates and process to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the oats, nuts, and cranberries and stir to combine. You may have to use your hands to really incorporate the mixture well.
- Next, warm maple syrup and almond butter in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until combined and pourable. Pour over granola mixture and then thoroughly mix using a wooden spoon.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and press down firmly to even out the top. Freeze for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Lift bars from pan and chop into even bars. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge to keep them extra fresh. They will get a little sticky when left out at room temp.