MitoXcell Dark Chocolate Bark
Looking for a unique superfood snack that is packed with healthy nutrients and antioxidants? Please, bark up this chocolate tree! Your tastebuds and wellbeing won't regreat it. So, add some bite to your bark with this simple treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Double boiler (or a sauce pan filled ¼ way with water and a heat-proof dish that fits inside)
- Digital Thermometer
- Cookie sheet or shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper, that hangs over the edge
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 6 Tbsp MitoXcell Superfood Blend
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pumpkin seeds... 1 Tbsp
- Sliced almonds... 1 Tbsp
- Coconut flakes (Bob’s Red Mill)... 1 Tbsp
- Dried cranberries or dried chopped cherries... 1 Tbsp
HOW TO MAKE MITOXCELL CHOCOLATE BARK
- Bring the double boiler to a boil and then turn down the heat so that the water is simmering. Add cacao butter to the bowl and stir with a whisk or spatula until is is melted. Place the thermometer in to check the temperature. Keep the butter below 118 degrees F. If the butter gets too hot before it is all melted, remove the bowl from the heat and continue to stir until it is all melted.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, add in the MitoXcell, vanilla, maple syrup and whisk until all the ingredients are dissolved. Keep the mixture around 91 degrees F. If it begins to cool down, return to the double boiler to warm it back up, which will keep the mixture smooth. Take care to keep it under 118 degrees.
- Add in the salt and whisk until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the lined cookie sheet. Let the mixture spread into a think bark.
- Quickly sprinkle the pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, and dried fruit evenly across the chocolate.
- Place the sheet in the refrigerator for at least two hours. The bark will solidify in 30 minutes, but it is better to keep it in for longer. Remove from fridge after it has set and break up with a knife. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if it lasts that long)